We are hiring a System Administrator
Our goal is to make a difference for those making a difference. Adepto USA is a US entity, part of the Lirex group based in the EU, and it’s highly skilled in Desktop-as-a-Service, IT Management, & Backup-as-a-Service solutions. Adepto team has served leading chemical, medical, defense organizations by providing critically needed IT Services to help accomplish great missions. Through friendly, informed support and key partnerships with like-minded organizations, Adepto provides its customers with the resources they need in a timely manner.
Plus, in this role, you will:
- Gain real-world experience in small IT business technology
- Learn VMWare, Windows Server, Active Directory, PKI, Rapid7, CrowdStrike
- Learn new cutting-edge technologies where needed
- Learn how to interact with end-users by providing support to them
- Gain troubleshooting and general standard business technology knowledge
In this role, you will be responsible for completing daily tasks to assist services owners in the upkeep and functionality of their services and working directly with customers to help with their accounts and problems they may experience. Most of the work completed will be done on Windows servers in a virtual environment. The ideal candidate will have proficient knowledge of IT infrastructure concepts and principles, experience with Windows Server Administration (2012 or newer), and outstanding customer service skills. They will be able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
This position is filled to work Remotely within the US.
- Implementation and remote administration of server operating systems; (Active Directory, MS Windows Server)
- Monitoring and administration of virtual Infrastructure both for Server and Workstation Virtualization; (Microsoft, VMware)
- Health status check and monitoring of physical and virtual servers;
- Servers and Workstations backup configuration, regular monitoring of the status and reporting;
- Incident resolution and troubleshooting
- Security monitoring, alerting, and vulnerability management for servers and related infrastructure
- Server OS and server application update and data migrations
- Manages & maintains the daily ticket queue by responding to customer inquiries and requests and assigning tickets to the appropriate department.
- Provide escalation support to the IT/Application Support Technician positions as needed: phone/email/remote-assist user requests, providing technical advice, performing problem analysis/detection/resolution.
- Maintain documentation of asset information as well as general IT processes and procedures.
- Provide on-call and after-hours support when necessary for system maintenance, employees by remote administration means.
- University degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or similar;
- Fluent English;
- Understanding of Microsoft Server Operating Systems, VMWare technologies;
- Knowledge of MS Windows Server family, MS TCP/IP, DNS, AD, Remote administration, Certificates;
- Analytical thinking and communication skills;
- Desire to learn new knowledge and self-development;
- Strong team player;
- Minimum of 2 years experience, with the following technologies (where applicable):
- Windows Server 2012 and up
- VMware vSphere using technologies such as Datastore clustering & DRS in a multi hosts/multi-cluster environment
- Microsoft Active Directory and DNS under domain/forest level 2012 and up
- Microsoft Certificate Authority, PKI, and smartcard deployment
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Microsoft PowerShell and scripting
- US Citizen living in the US
- Requires keyboarding, listening and talking, some standing and walking, and prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Travel less than 25%
Additional Desired Qualifications considered as a plus:
- Unix / Linux experience;
- Scripting and automation (power shell, VBscript…);
- Cloud infrastructure experience
- Practical experience with Security monitoring platforms (Splunk, Rapid7, Crowdstrike, etc.)
- Bonus pay
This position description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with this position. While this description is intended to reflect the position’s activities and requirements accurately, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
If you would like to join the Adepto USA team, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.